Manuel Castro-Borobio, MD
Dr. Manuel Castro-Borobio found helping people rewarding from a young age and dreamt of becoming a physician since he was 5 years old. He was born and raised in Peru and is fluent in Spanish.
Dr. Castro-Borobio is passionate about medicine and being in close contact with his patients. Infectious Diseases is rewarding to him due to the capacity to treat and fully heal infections, as well as the diagnostic challenges and complexities infections can represent. His clinical interests are skin infections, UTIs, HIV, hepatitis, tropical medicine.
Dr. Castro-Borobio enjoys helping others and volunteers in the community to help the underserved. He has participated in seminars, webinars, podcasts, and radio shows about medical topics. He calls Alpharetta home, and loves spending time with his two daughters, reading, listening to podcasts, attending concerts and sports venues, and exercising.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Infectious Disease
- Fellowship: Infectious Disease, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Internship: Trihealth Good Samaritan Hospital, Cincinnati, OH
- Residency: Trihealth Good Samaritan Hospital, Cincinnati, OH
- Medical School: Universidad San Martin de Porres, Lima, Peru
Professional Organizations and Affiliations
- Member: American College of Physicians
- Member: American Medical Association
- Member: Infectious Disease Society of America
- Member: Infectious Disease Society of Georgia
Honors and Awards
- IDSA Travel Award in Research - Infectious Disease Fellow
- Certificate of Excellence for Exceptional Care of HIV Patients - Infectious Disease Fellow
- Best Resident Teacher - Internal Medicine Resident
- Best Intern Resident - Internal Medicine Intern
- Chief Fellow
- Chief Resident